Welcome! Here is how you can get started creating your own site.
The TWU Digital Learning Commons is a WordPress website designed just for you, members of the TWU community (current students, faculty, and staff), to create your own personalized digital presence.
- Students, you may have been asked to create a portfolio or your own site in order to complete a course.
- Faculty, you may want to break free of the confines of Moodle and explore innovative and creative online learning environments.
- Staff and administrators, you might need a site to provide specific information to people in your department.
Those are just a few of the reasons that you might like to sign up for a site of your own. Getting started is easy, just follow the instructions below!
Step One Getting Ready
Before you proceed, make sure that you have access to your TWU email address. You won’t be able to sign up without one.
- Students, your address will be [firstname.lastname]@mytwu.ca
- Faculty and staff, your address will be [firstname.lastname]@twu.ca (with a few exceptions for some old-timers and long-namers).
Step Two Read these instructions
After you have read through these steps, click the button down at the bottom of this page. The signup page will open in a new tab, so you can keep this tab open for reference.
Step Three Fill in your details.
Enter your desired username and your TWU email address.
If you need to remain anonymous on your site, please choose a pseudonym for your username at this step. You will still need to use your twu.ca or mytwu.ca email address, but that can be hidden from the public.
Then click ‘Next’.
The Site Name that you choose will become the URL for your site and it cannot be changed.
If you need to remain anonymous, please do not include any identifying details in your URL.
The Site Title can be changed at any time.
Step Four Choose your privacy settings.
There are four levels of privacy for you to choose from.
Some courses may require you to use a public site. If you need to remain anonymous, please choose a psuedonym and do not include any identifying details in your URL.
- If you don’t change these settings, your site will be visible to everyone on the web. Students in courses that require open access (MA Leadership) should choose this option.
- If you choose the ‘Visible only to registered users of this network’, then visitors must be logged into an account on the create.twu.ca network.
- If you choose ‘Visible only to registered users of this site’ then visitors will have to be registered as a user on your site AND they must be signed into the network.
- If you choose ‘Visible only to administrators of this site’ then visitors must be signed in as a Super-Administrator on the network, or they must be added as an administrator on your site.
Step Five Choose your Template
We have five templates for you to choose from. Click the links below to learn about each template.
Students in the MA Leadership should choose the ‘General TWU Create Site’.
Each of the templates comes with a category structure and several pages, posts, and artifacts to get you started.
Use the dropdown menu to choose your template and then click ‘CREATE SITE’. You will receive an email notification to your TWU email address with instructions on how to activate your account and sign in to your new home on the web.
The Button Go ahead...click it!
But only if you have read the previous steps!!