Part 1: Adding a Document
Adding documents to Moodle is a useful way to provide your students with forms, questionnaires, and other types of interactive resources that cannot be accessed by students on the internet (see Part 2 for guidelines to adding other types of text content). To learn how to add a document to a course, see the instructions below.
- Turn editing on and scroll down to the section of the course in which you want to add a document.
- Click the button in the bottom right hand corner of the section.
- From the list that appears, scroll down to the Resources heading and select File.
- Provide a name for your document. Note: The name that you provide will appear on your course homepage.
- Next, Select Files heading and browse for a file by selecting the icon in the left hand corner, or there is also the option of dragging and dropping the file into the box provided.
The Search and Upload Option
Select the icon.
A pop-up window will appear;
from the list on the left hand side, select Upload a file.
Browse for the file on your computer, select it, and then select
Your newly uploaded file will appear as an icon as pictured below.
- Alternatively, you can drag a file from your desktop or a folder on your computer into the box which reads "You can drag and drop files here to add them"
To do this, click on a file from your computer and hold it down, while dragging it to the aforementioned box. Let go of the document once you are hovering over the box. Your document should then appear as an icon within that box.
- Once you have uploaded your document, and entered other options you desire, select the Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page. The document will now be accessible to students through the course homepage.
Part 2: Adding Page Resources
Adding documents to Moodle can be a helpful way to give your students access to various resources that relate to your course. However, not all resources need to be added to the course as documents. When a resource needs only to be read by a student, it is more beneficial to the student to add it in the form of a "Page Resource." This way, a student does not have to download a document every time they want to access a particular resource. The "Page Resource" function creates a new text page (or blog like page) within your course in which you can add text, pictures, videos and links. To create a page resource...
- Turn editing on and scroll down to the section of the course in which you want to add the page resource.
- Click the Add an activity or resource button in the bottom right hand corner of the section.
- From the list that appears, scroll down to the Resources heading and select Page.
- Provide a name for your page resource. The name that you provide will appear on your course homepage.
- In the Content section, you can paste the text that you would normally have posted in the form of a document. You can copy and paste materials from documents into this page, or you can create your own content. You can also provide other kinds of resources, such as documents, images, videos or a link to a website.
Finally, Save & Display