Embed a Channel in Moodle
Sharing your videos in Moodle (optional, but recommended)
Once you have uploaded your video to MS Stream, you will want to share it with your learners.
- Go to your channel in MS Stream and click the ellipsis beside the title of the channel, then choose 'Share'
Generate and Copy the Embed Code
- Choose 'Embed' at the top of the window.
- Change the sort order to 'Publish date'
- Set 'Responsive' to 'On'
- Click 'Copy'
You now need to paste the embed code into Moodle. We recommend that you paste the MS Stream channel on its own tab.
- Turn editing on by clicking the gear in the top right corner.
Select an Empty Tab
Choose one of your tabs that doesn't have any content. If you don't have any empty tabs, click the '+' sign once.
- click the 'Edit' link then choose 'Edit section'.
Edit Tab Details
- Select 'Custom' and edit the title to 'Zoom Recordings' (or similar)
- Toggle the toolbar to show more tools
- Click the '<>' button to edit the HTML source
Use 'CTRL V' (Command V for macOS users) to paste the embed code, then click 'Update'. Then scroll down and click 'Save changes'.
Your Videos are in Moodle
Once you have embedded the channel into your course, all videos that you add to the channel will automagically be visible in your course.